On this page you’ll find a variety of information about this web site, its features and the many ways to access them. Take a minute to review these tips, try out the various suggestions and learn about the Corvette Club of Richmond Web Site. You’ll be glad you did.
Information on the web site is subdivided into pages. A page generally contains information about a particular subject that is identified by the name of the page. There are a few exceptions. Below are the pages on this site and a general description of each. Also included are features for pages that may not be obvious without detail exploration.
General Page Info
- Front Page: Each new post on the web site will be shown on the front page with the most recent one first, the next most recent second etc. A maximum of 10 posts are included on the front page. Posts remain on the front page until they cycle off , that is until there are 10 newer posts. All posts that are or ever have been on the Front Page are also included in the Archives. The various search features on the Right Side Bar display posts from both the Front Page and the Archives.
- Events: The Events page contains two major features; the Calendar in the main body of the page and in the right sidebar, there is a list of the next ten club events under the heading Coming Soon. The calendar the club is using is from Google. If you use Google Calendar, you can import club events into you personal calendar if you wish.
- Archives: This page includes all posts that are or have been on the Front Page. If you’re interested in a particular time frame, you can access the archived posts based on the date of the post. In the right side column you can also search based on category, tag or any word that you think would have been included in the article of interest.
- Sponsors and Links: Here we recognize our club sponsors and provide links to members favorite web sites.
- Newsletters: Links are provided for each months newsletter in PDF format. Warning: Downloading these files for newsletters prior to January 2011 is not a good option for those that do not have a fast internet connection. Downloads prior to January 2011 may run from one minute on a fast connection to hours on a slow connection.
- Meetings: This page has general information about club meetings, location, times and links to maps.
- Officers: A listing of Club officers, their emails and phone numbers is included.
- Membership: This page includes information about how to become a member, requirements for membership and forms.
- Photos: All photo’s are provided by members. We try to include credits, but …….. If there is an error, make the webmaster aware and corrections will be made or the photo’s will be taken down.
Searching for Information
Right Side Bar- Search
- On the right side of each page there is a column that contains a variety of features depending on which page you’re on. These features are referred to as widgets. Each one is a small program that you can execute by left clicking on it with your mouse. Most but not all widgets running on this site are designed to provide alternate means of navigating through the information on this web site. Open the Front Page in a separate tab by clicking here. Now you have two different CCR web pages open, each in it’s own tab. Go to the Front Page now and try each of the different ways of finding information.
- Recent Posts It will show the heading of each of the most recent posts. The posts that you’ve opened from this list will be displayed in blue. Those that you haven’t opened from this list will be displayed in black.
- Categories Each article posted on the front page is assigned one or more categories to enable finding the information you’re looking for. Categories are general, non specific terms used for filing, much like the title on a file drawer. More specific ways of locating information are called tags. When you left click on categories, you’ll see a drop down menu and beside each category you’ll see the number of posts in parentheses. If you left click on a gategory, all of the posts in that category will display.
- Tags are terms that are more specific than categories. Tags are assigned to article as another way of locating the information you’re looking for. You’ll notice that tags are displayed in different colors; black for the ones you’ve clicked and blue for the ones you haven’t. You’ll also notice that tags are different sizes. The larger the tag, the more references there are to that tag.
Right Side Bar- eNews Notification
On the right side of the web site at the bottom of each page is a form titled SUBSCRIBE. Fill in the blanks, submit the form and follow the directions. You’ll receive news from the web site on a periodic basis. When you receive news will be at the discretion of the web master. As we move more toward communicating electronically, the intent is that we begin to send out announcements as they occur.
If there is an article that you wish to print, left click on the heading for that article and it will open by itself in a “printer friendly” page. You should then be able to right click anywhere on the page and select print from the menu or select the print function from your browser.
If there is other information that you think would be helpful, please eMail your comments to WebMaster@CorvetteClubOfRichmond.Com